Sunday, September 5, 2010

A single mother for the time being


I have a new found appreciation for all the single parents out there. I really don't know how my mother, with 8 children of her own, did it all those years! I've only had the pleasure of experiencing it for 4 weeks... and let me tell ya I'M OVER IT!!
My husband Cris has been gone now for 4 weeks and I'm so ready to have him home. He really is so much help to me! Things around here truly just aren't the same without him. So E and I decided to go stay in Utah with my family for 3 weeks... I guess the word "stay" truly doesn't sum it up. I pretty much just MOVED IN! I took everything I possibly could fit into my SUV and somehow it just didn't seem like enough! My little sis Seij was gracious enough to fly down here and drive up to UT with me so I'd have some company and someone to keep me sane on the long drive. Thankfully Ethan is such an amazing little boy. He truly is the sweetest, calmest, most easy going baby ever so needless to say everything went off without a hitch! E was so good and the drive flew by! (THANKS SEIJ!)
So while I was up there I watched my sister Sid's two wonderful children while they were off track. We had a blast! We went swimming everyday, went to lunch, played games, watched movies and they didn't even complain the many times I hauled them off to the mall! The best time we had though was when we went to the Draper Aquarium. E loved it! Especially the little penguins. They were so cute! All in all we had a great time in Utah and I LOVED being able to see all my friends again! What a fun time we had getting caught up and seeing every one's cute babies! My family is amazing for helping me out so much while Cris is away. I love them so much and am so grateful they took me and my child in (and all our crap that came with us:)

Ethan and I with the penguins


E loves his aunt Sid!


Taylor and Canyon cutest kids ever!



6 comments:

  1. Oh girl I know that song....It was hard for me too. Even when you have family to keep you company.It really does give you such an admiration of all those single mommies out there. But That boy is getting so darn cute.... and BLOND!!!!! Love that face. Looks like fun with your neicies and nephs :) You are a good auntie :). Hang in there girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had family sort of close by so that you didn't have to be alone! Ethan sure is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You and your sisters are so pretty! Looks like E had a lot of fun too! Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun! E is getting too big we
    need to do something soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be SO hard to have a traveling husband. I'm so glad you went and stayed with your family - family is the BEST support when you're on your own. Looks like you and your adorable baby had a great time in Utah!

    ReplyDelete