Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tinfoil Table

So while my hubby's been away, I've been trying to keep myself busy, so what's better than projects to pass the time away?!
A couple months back my sister-in-laws and I went to the swap meet and I found a little table and a dresser that I could not pass up! So when Leah came accross this amazing blog (seriously I don't understand these insanely crafty women. HOW DO THEY DO IT?) The woman had taken a cheap table, tinfoil and modge podge and created a nightstand that was to die for! It was cheap, easy and dummie proof so of coarse it was the project for me! And here's how it turned out!

The table before...



Leah and I during the process...


The table after she'd been covered in tinfoil...


And here she is all finished... It's more 'weathered' looking than I wanted, but it's pretty cute for my first time!



5 comments:

  1. I really do love it! What a so so so cute idea! I will have to try it! I love doing stuff like that. You're so crafty.
    Dang...I wish we lived closer so we could hang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so cute! I would've never thought tinfoil could be used in redecorating furniture. I just LOVE that table. Thanks for sharing, I am SOOOOO out of ideas for decorating - hopefully I can find a way to use this technique because I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it! I think you did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Look at you all crafty and homemakey :)

    ReplyDelete