Wednesday, June 2, 2010

72 hour kits


Our Stake here in Vegas has really been encouraging everyone to get their 72 hour kits together. So my wonderful sister in laws found this website. WWW.BEPREPARED.COM
There Cris and I ordered the Personal 72 hour kit with MRE's (Meals ready to eat)
They are a little pricey at $69.95 each, but I think it's well worth it for all you get! (You can opt to just buying everything separate and creating one yourself, but then you'd have to replace all the food according to expiration dates. The MRE's in this pack are good up to 5 years.) This one pretty much comes with the bare essentials, but there are others that you can buy that come with absolutely everything you'd need in an emergency. The pack they come in leaves you with plenty of room to add other necessities such as: an extra pair of undergarments, socks, sweats (if it's hot outside you can just cut them into shorts!) and a blanket. I also bought extra water pouches off the website to add to the pack for only $.31 ea.
As for Ethan, I started a Baby 72 hour kit of baby essentials and put some of the extra water pouches in it for formula. My sister in law emailed me a list of all the supplies needed for a baby kit- 3 years of age. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to forward the list to you.
It's not the easiest thing to get motivated about, but I know how amazing the blessings are when you're obedient!

4 comments:

  1. I cant wait to get mine! WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE for you to email it to me. I really need to do this! Thanks Shayla! jenniebennion@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shayla that's totally awesome! Jon and I have 72 hour kits as well and even though we've never had to use them yet, I feel good knowing that they are there. We go through them every 6 months to rotate the food and water. Looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shayla! What a beautiful baby boy you have now! You still look as beautiful as ever in the pictures on your blog. I bet it's really toasty where you live now. Hope you're surviving the heat!

    ReplyDelete